10:54 04 Dec 23
Registration Request for Review Form
CDM project activity/programme of activities
registration request review form (CDM-REGR-FORM)
|Reference number of the proposed CDM project activity/programme of activities (PoA) submitted for registration||2499|
|Title of the proposed CDM project activity/PoA submitted for registration||Jiangxi Pinggang Group 20MW Waste Gas and Surplus Steam based Captive Power Plant|
|Please indicate, in accordance with paragraphs 37 and 40 of the CDM modalities and procedures, which validation requirement(s) may require review. A list of requirements is provided below. Please provide reasons in support of the request for review. Including any supporting documentation.|
|The following are requirements derived from paragraph 37 of the CDM modalities and procedures:|
| The participation requirements as set out in paragraph 28 to 30 of the CDM modalities and procedures are satisfied;
Comments by local stakeholders have been invited, a summary of the comments received has been provided, and a report to the designated operational entity (DOE) on how due account was taken of any comments has been received;
Project Participants have submitted to the DOE documentation on the analysis of the environmental impacts of the project activity, including transboundary impacts and, if those impacts are considered significant by the project participants or the host Party, have undertaken an environmental impact assessment in accordance with procedures as required by the host Party;
The project activity is expected to result in a reduction in anthropogenic emissions by sources of greenhouse gases that are additional to any that would occur in the absence of the proposed project activity, in accordance with paragraphs 43 to 52 of the CDM modalities and procedures;
The baseline and monitoring methodologies comply with requirements pertaining to methodologies previously approved by the Executive Board;
Provisions for monitoring, verification and reporting are in accordance with decision 17/CP.7, the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions of the COP/MOP;
The project activity conforms to all other requirements for CDM project activities in decision 17/CP.7, the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions by the COP/MOP and the Executive Board.
|The following are requirements derived from paragraph 40 of the CDM modalities and procedures:|
| The DOE shall, prior to the submission of the validation report to the Executive Board, have received from the project participants written approval of voluntary participation from the designated national authority of each Party involved, including confirmation by the host Party that the project activity assists it in achieving sustainable development;
In accordance with provisions on confidentiality contained in paragraph 27(h) of the CDM modalities and procedures, the DOE shall make publicly available the project design document;
The DOE shall receive, within 30 days, comments on the validation requirements from Parties, stakeholders and UNFCCC accredited non-governmental organizations and make them publicly available;
After the deadline for receipt of comments, the DOE shall make a determination as to whether, on the basis of the information provided and taking into account the comments received, the project activity should be validated;
The DOE shall inform project participants of its determination on the validation of the project activity. Notification to the project participants will include confirmation of validation and the date of submission of the validation report to the Executive Board;
The DOE shall submit to the Executive Board, if it determines the proposed project activity to be valid, a request for registration in the form of a validation report including of the project design document, the written approval of the host Party and an explanation of how it has taken due account of comments received.
|There are only minor issues which should be addressed by the DOE/project participants prior to the registration of the project.|
1. The DOE shall further substantiate the existence of: (i) investment barrier, in particular, rejection of the loan application seems to be due to submission of incorrect economic analysis to the bank, and (ii) technological barriers, in accordance with the Sub-step 3a of Tool for the demonstration and assessment of additionality, v05.2.
2. The PP/DOE shall further clarify criteria of selecting similar projects and difference between the project activity and similar projects in line with the step 4 of Tool for the demonstration and assessment of additionality, v05.2.
3. The DOE shall further substantiate elimination of alternative; waste gas/heat is sold as an energy source as waste gas is sold in the pre-project scenario.
4. The PP/DOE shall further substantiate: (i) that the waste gas/steam utilized in the project activity was released into the atmosphere in the absence of the project activity at existing facility with detailed information in line with the applicability criteria of the ACM0012 v2.; (ii) validation of the BFG supplied to the other companies with credible evidence; (iii) how the consumption of BFG and LDG for club production and steel rolling respectively have decreased in 2006 compared to 2005 when steel production was increased in 2006 compared to 2005; and (iv) amount of electricity imported from the Central China Power Grid in the pre-project scenario.
5. The DOE shall further substantiate the suitability of quantity of waste BFG assumed in calculating the emission reduction in compliance with paragraph 90 of VVM as it appears only 84% of the waste BFG assumed is available when the steel plant is running close to full capacity.
6. The means of calculation of fcap for waste steam is not in accordance with ACM0012 version 2. The DOE shall clarify why it suggested that the PP can use the ACM0012 v3 to calculate the fcap for waste steam, while the applied methodology for the project activity is ACM0012 v2.
7. The PP/DOE should provide the spreadsheet of the emission reduction calculation.
8. The monitoring plan shall include monitoring of: (i) quantity of waste gases used for energy generation per hour (Q BFG,h, Q LDG,h), (ii) amount of individual fuel consumed at the energy generation per hour (Qi,h) , and (iii) net calorific values of the waste gases (NCV BFG, NCV LDG) and fossil fuel (NCVi) in line with the methodology.
9. The PP/DOE shall clarify how the PP makes sure there is no reduction of BFG supplied to the existing two third-party companies with the implementation of the project activity.
|Date||13 Aug 09|