Call for Meth Panel Members
The Executive Board at its fifty-ninth meeting agreed to launch a call for experts as members of the Methodologies Panel (MP) with a view to replacing the outgoing members at its sixtieth meeting.
The call opens on 21 February 2011 and ends on 21 March 2011, 18:00 GMT.
Current MP members may submit their applications for automatic inclusion in the short list, should they wish to continue. Experts wishing to be considered by the CDM Executive Board as a member of the MP are invited to apply and shall:
- Read and agree to the Terms of reference for the methodologies panel (160 KB);
- Read the General Guidelines for panels/working groups (143 KB);
- Apply online through the link provided below.
- Be familiar with the modalities and procedures (annex to decision 3/CMP.1) and relevant decisions of the COP or CMP;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to the CDM project activity cycle;
- Be free from any interest that might cause the panel to act in other than an impartial and non-discriminatory manner;
- Demonstrate relevant working experience, of at least three (3) years on methodological issues related to project-based mechanisms;
- Demonstrate technical/scientific expertise, inter alia through publications, in at least one of the following areas:
- Baseline and/or monitoring methodologies;
- Project activity implementation, including monitoring and verification;
- Have excellent drafting skills, strong operational and analytical skills, and ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have an advanced university degree in economics, energy, social, environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, development studies, or any related discipline;
- Demonstrate technical experience, inter alia, through the following:
- Application of baseline and/or monitoring methodologies;
- Development of the Project Design Documents;
- Other relevant national/international experience.
- The time that a MP member will be required to dedicate to the work of the panel is estimated to be a minimum of 60 working days per year;
- Members of the MP will be paid daily fees for participation in and work related to Meth Panel meetings, as well as travel and daily subsistence allowance in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
THE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
To apply, you will first need to log into “My CDM” using your pre-registered password. If you have not yet registered on “My CDM”, please go to “Join” located on the top-right of this page. If you do not remember your log-in information, please use the login/password recovery page.
According to the Decision 3/CMP.1 (735 KB), the CDM Executive Board may establish committees, panels or working groups to assist it in the performance of its functions. The CDM Executive Board shall draw on the expertise necessary to perform its functions, including from the UNFCCC roster of experts. In this context, it shall take fully into account the consideration of regional balance.