CDM Methodologies Panel
The CDM Executive Board is hereby inviting applications from experts to act as members of the Methodologies Panel (MP).
The call opened on 2 December 2022 and ends on 9 January 2023, 23:59 CET.
Competence requirements for experts applying for MP membership:
- Be familiar with the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions of the CMP;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to the CDM project activity cycle;
- Demonstrate relevant working experience of at least three years on methodological issues related to project-based mechanisms;
- Demonstrate technical/scientific expertise, inter alia through peer-reviewed publications, in at least one of the following areas:
(a) Baseline and monitoring methodologies;
(b) Implementation of CDM project activities, including development of project design documents, validation, monitoring, verification and certification;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is desirable;
- Have excellent drafting skills, strong operational and analytical skills, and ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have an advanced university degree in economics, energy, environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, or any related disciplines.
Work conditions for a MP member:
- Guidelines and modalities of work including, inter alia, conditions for membership, conflict of interest restrictions and compensation are described in the Terms of Reference of the support structure of the CDM Executive Board (ToR);
- MP members will be paid daily fees (400 USD/day) for participation in and work related to the meeting, as well as travel and daily subsistence allowance in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
- Meetings may be undertaken as in-person meetings in Bonn, as electronic meetings or via electronic consultation.
Experts wishing to be considered by the CDM Executive Board as a member of the MP are invited to apply. Current MP members may re-apply. All applicants shall:
- Read and agree to the ToR;
- Complete/update their P11* in the UNFCCC HR portal and complete the application form.
*Attention: The P11 form should be completed prior to finalizing the application form.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to a telephone interview, tentatively scheduled to take place in Feb/Mar 2023.
- The selection of members will be decided by the Executive Board and announced in a meeting report of the Board (tentatively Q2 2023).
- Applicants should be prepared to join the first meeting of the panel/working group to which they applied for membership. The tentative dates are available in Annex 3 of the 116st meeting report of the Board.
According to Decision 3/CMP.1 the CDM Executive Board may establish committees, panels or working groups to assist it in the performance of its functions. The CDM Executive Board shall draw on the expertise necessary to perform its functions, including from the UNFCCC roster of experts. In this context, it shall take fully into account the consideration of regional balance.
The call is closed, we are currently processing your inputs.