Call for Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage Working Group members
The CDM Executive Board at its sixty-seventh meeting agreed to establish the Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage Working Group (CCS WG). CCS experts wishing to act as members of the CCS WG are hereby invited to submit their applications for consideration by the CDM Executive Board at its sixty-eighth meeting.
The call opens on 18 May 2012 and ends on 10 June 2012, 24:00 GMT.
Competence Requirements for CCS WG members:
- Be familiar with the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions of the CMP;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to the CDM project activity cycle;
- Demonstrate relevant working experience of at least three years, or scientific knowledge, on methodological issues related to carbon capture and storage projects;
- Demonstrate technical/scientific expertise, inter alia through peer-reviewed publications, in at least one of the following areas:
- Baseline and monitoring methodologies;
- Carbon capture and storage in geological formations including, for example, the selection and characterization of geological storage sites, the monitoring of geological reservoirs, capture and transport of carbon dioxide, risk and safety assessments in the field of geological storage sites, environmental and socioeconomic impacts;
- Development of standards or regulations related to carbon capture and storage;
- Implementation of carbon capture and storage projects;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is desirable.
- Have excellent drafting skills, strong operational and analytical skills, and ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have an advanced university degree in economics, law, geology, energy, environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, or any related disciplines.
- Guidelines and modalities of work including, inter alia, conditions for membership, conflict of interest restrictions and compensation are described in the ToR;
- The time commitment for a panel or working group member is specified in paragraph 30 of the ToR, and for CCS WG members it is estimated to be at least 40 working days per year, including travel time, meeting time, preparation and other activities.
THE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
- To apply you will first need to log into “My CDM” using your pre-registered password; If you have not yet registered on “My CDM”, please go to “Join” located on the top-right of this page. If you do not remember your log-in information, please use the login/password recovery page.
- The P11 form should be completed and generated prior to finalizing the questionnaire;
- Failure to both generate a P11 without errors and complete the questionnaire will result in disqualification;
- Qualified women candidates and candidates from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply;
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a short telephone interview;
- The final outcome of the selection process will be made available in the EB 68 report (20th July 2012), after which the selected candidates will be contacted.
According to the Decision 3/CMP.1 (735 KB), the CDM Executive Board may establish committees, panels or working groups to assist it in the performance of its functions. The CDM Executive Board shall draw on the expertise necessary to perform its functions, including from the UNFCCC roster of experts. In this context, it shall take fully into account the consideration of regional balance.