CDM Accreditation Panel
The CDM Executive Board is hereby inviting applications from experts to act as members of the CDM Accreditation Panel (CDM-AP).
The call opened on 19 December 2018 and ends on 28 January 2019, 23:59 CET.
Competence requirements for experts applying for AP membership:
- Be familiar with the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions of the CMP;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to the CDM project activity cycle;
- Demonstrate relevant working experience of at least two years in a national, regional or international accreditation body or in third party certification activities;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is desirable;
- Have excellent drafting skills, strong operational and analytical skills, and ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have an advanced university degree in economics, environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, or any related disciplines.
Work conditions for an CDM-AP member:
- Guidelines and modalities of work including, inter alia, conditions for membership, conflict of interest restrictions and compensation are described in the Terms of Reference of the support structure of the CDM Executive Board (ToR);
- CDM-AP members will be paid daily fees (400 USD/day) for participation in the meeting, as well as travel and daily subsistence allowance in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
- Meetings may be undertaken as in-person meetings in Bonn, as electronic meetings or via electronic consultation.
Experts wishing to be considered by the CDM Executive Board as a member of the CDM-AP are invited to apply. Current CDM-AP members may re-apply. All applicants shall:
- Read and agree to the ToR;
- Apply by submitting* a P11 and complete this questionnaire.
- To apply you will need to log into “My CDM” using your pre-registered password (top-right of this page). If you have not yet registered on “My CDM”, please go to “Join” located on the top-right of this page. If you do not remember your log-in information, please use the login/password recovery page.
- The P11 form should be completed and generated prior to finalizing the questionnaire. You can generate the P11 form via the UNFCCC HR on-line application webpage;
- After completing the P11 form, save it as a pdf file and up-load it below.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to a telephone interview, tentatively scheduled to take place in Feb/Mar 2019.
- The selection of members will be decided by the Executive Board and announced in a meeting report of the Board (tentatively Q2 2019).
- Applicants should be prepared to join the first meeting of the panel/working group to which they applied for membership. The tentative dates are available in Annex 18 of the 101st meeting report of the Board.
According to Decision 3/CMP.1 the CDM Executive Board may establish committees, panels or working groups to assist it in the performance of its functions. The CDM Executive Board shall draw on the expertise necessary to perform its functions, including from the UNFCCC roster of experts. In this context, it shall take fully into account the consideration of regional balance.
The call is closed, we are currently processing your inputs.