Propose a new methodology
- Tentative dates of MP meetings and deadlines for submission of proposed new methodologies in 2021:
MP Meeting No. Deadline for submission MP 84 (22-26 Mar 2021), Virtual 25 Jan 2021 MP 85 (21-25 Jun 2021), Virtual 26 Apr 2021 MP 86 (22-24 Sept 2021) 28 Jul 2021
- Tentative dates of A/R WG meetings and deadlines for submission of proposed new methodologies in 2021:
Dates of A/R WG meetings in 2021 to be decided where triggered through the receipt of relevant submissions.
A/R WG Meeting No. Deadlines for submission Continously allowing for the procedural steps as specified in the Procedure "Development, revision and clarification of baseline and monitoring methodologies and methodological tools".
- Tentative dates of CCS WG meetings and deadlines for submission of proposed new methodologies in 2021:
Dates of CCS WG meetings in 2021 to be decided where triggered through the receipt of relevant submissions.
If you wish to propose a new methodology for the CDM Executive Board to consider and approve, please submit the following documents (in MS Word and PDF formats) to the UNFCCC secretariat:
- The duly completed "New baseline and monitoring methodology proposal" form* (CDM-PNM-FORM );
The proposed new methodology using the relevant form (CDM-NM-FORM, CDM-SSC-NM-FORM, CDM-AR-NM-FORM or CDM-CCS-NM-FORM);
- The draft project design document (PDD) of the planned CDM project activity or the draft programme design document (PoA-DD) of the planned PoA that intends to apply the proposed new methodology, using the relevant PDD or PoA-DD form with at least the following sections of the form and relevant appendices completed, applying the proposed new methodology:
- For planned CDM project activities:
- Description of project activity;
- Application of selected approved baseline and monitoring methodology;
- Duration and crediting period;
- For planned CDM PoAs:
- General description of PoA;
- Demonstration of additionality and development of eligibility criteria;
- Duration of PoA;
- General description of a generic CPA;
- Application of a baseline and monitoring methodology.
- If you are project participant, DNA, coordinating/managing entity of a planned CDM POA or any other stakeholder, please submit your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a DOE, please use your submission interface for all submissions except if you are proposing a small-scale methodology. In this case, please use the address above.
- For full information on the consideration process please read the procedure for Development, revision and clarification of baseline and monitoring methodologies and methodological tools.
* For relevant forms, please go here.