Call for input on the draft revision of the methodologies "AMS-I.B., AMS-I.D., AMS-I.E., AMS-I.F., AMS-III.A., AMS-III.AS., AMS-III.BF" (09 to 24 September 2014, 24:00 GMT)
The SSC WG sought inputs on the top-down revision of the approved methodologies:
- “AMS-I.B: Mechanical energy for the user with or without electrical energy”
- “AMS-I.D: Grid connected renewable electricity generation”
- “AMS-I.E: Switch from non-renewable biomass for thermal applications by the user”
- “AMS-I.F: Renewable electricity generation for captive use and mini-grid”
- “AMS-III.A: Offsetting of synthetic nitrogen fertilizers by inoculant application in legumes-grass rotations on acidic soils on existing cropland”
- “AMS-III.AS: Switch from fossil fuel to biomass in existing manufacturing facilities for non-energy applications”
- “AMS-III.BF: Reduction of N2O emissions from use of Nitrogen Use Efficient (NUE) seeds that require less fertilizer application”
The draft revisions:
a) Remove the applicability conditions related to land eligibility and project emission calculations related to the cultivation of biomass where applicable and include a reference to the methodological tool “Project emissions from cultivation of biomass”;
b) Include a reference to the methodological tools “Tool to calculate project or leakage CO2 emissions from fossil fuel combustion”, “Tool to calculate baseline, project and/or leakage emissions from electricity consumption”, “Upstream leakage emissions associated with fossil fuel use”, and “Project and leakage emissions from transportation of freight”, where applicable;
c) Remove the restriction for the application of the methodology in PoAs in methodologies;
d) Remove the PoA-specific provision to scrap the baseline equipment, where applicable;
e) Include the procedure for determining baseline scenarios for greenfield/capacity expansion project activities in Type I methodologies (AMS-I.B.).
Stakeholders were invited to provide their inputs on the draft revisions of the methodologies, as contained in annexes 7 - 13 of the report of the 45th meeting of the SSC WG. Stakeholders were invited to provide their inputs in the commenting table found here.
The scope of the public input shall include but is not limited to text highlighted in the draft revised methodology.
The call for inputs from stakeholders was open from 09 to 24 September 2014 (24:00GMT).
The public inputs will be taken into account when preparing the draft revised methodology to be recommended to the Board at a future SSC WG meeting.