Date: 21 - 25 November 2011
Moses Mabhida Stadium Durban
44 Isaiah Ntshangase Road
Private Bag X2010
Durban, South Africa
Observer registration deadline: 31 October 2011
Webcast: Webcast Open session on Monday, 21 November to Friday, 25 November 2011
Documents under consideration at the meeting:
- Proposed agenda (122 KB)
- Draft workprogramme (171 KB)
- Annotations to the proposed agenda (287 KB)
- Annex 3 - Synthesis report of the annual activity reports submitted by designated operational entities 2010/2011 (version 01.1) (248 KB)
- Annex 4 - Comprehensive report on the status of resources and recruitment to 31 October 2011 (211 KB)
- Annex 5 - Draft standard for sampling and surveys for CDM project activities and programme of activities (249 KB)
- Annex 6 - Draft standard for demonstration of additionality, development of eligibility criteria and application of multiple methodologies for programme of activities (169 KB)
- Annex 8 - Draft CDM project standard (289 KB)
- Annex 9 - Proposed implementation plan for the CDM project standard, validation and verification standard and the project cycle procedure (165 KB)
- Annex 12 - Draft revision to the methodological tool to assess the validity of the original/current baseline and to update the baseline at the renewal of a crediting period (147 KB)
- Annex 15 - Draft procedure for addressing significant deficiencies in past validation, verification or certification reports (156 KB)
- Annex 16 - Draft procedure for submission and consideration of microscale renewable energy technologies for automatic additionality (143 KB)
- Annex 17 - Report on sustainable development co-benefits and negative impacts of CDM projects activities (178 KB)
- Annex 19 - Draft workplan for capacity-building and related skills development for designated national authorities and other stakeholders (151 KB)
According to the 'Modalities and Procedures for Direct Communication with Stakeholders' (EB 62, Annex 15), the Executive Board of the CDM shall invite comments from stakeholders on the issues included in the annotated agenda of each Board meeting, including its annexes. To access the comments received, please visit : Call for public input on "Issues included in the annotated agenda of the sixty-fifth meeting of the CDM Executive Board and its annexes"
To access the reports of panel and working groups please visit the following CDM pages:
To see requested reviews of proposed CDM project activities that will be under consideration at this meeting, please visit the following CDM pages:
Accessibility to observers 1 :
Representatives from Parties and UNFCCC admitted observer organizations are able to attend CDM EB meetings as observers. An observer room is made available to accommodate the registered observers that registered in accordance with the request by the Executive Board. In addition, a live and on-demand internet webcast will be available similar to those available at sessions of the Conference of the Parties or of the Subsidiary Bodies (please check UNFCCC CDM website from 21-25 November 2011 for detailed instructions).
All interested are required to register through a UNFCCC admitted organization. A list of all UNFCCC accredited organizations is available on the UNFCCC website (http://unfccc.int/parties_and_observers/items/2704.php). In case of further questions please send your query through the "contact us" page.
The deadline for registration as an observer is three weeks before the meeting.
1 Modalities and procedures for a clean development mechanism (CDM):
"Meetings of the Executive Board shall be open to attendance, as observers, by all Parties and by all UNFCCC accredited observers and stakeholders, except where otherwise decided by the Executive Board."