Application for SSC WG membership
The CDM Executive Board is hereby inviting applications from experts to act as members of the Small-scale Working Group (SSC WG)
The call opens on 8 February 2013 and ends on 3 March 2013, 24:00 GMT.
- Be familiar with the CDM modalities and procedures and relevant decisions of the CMP;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to the CDM project activity cycle;
- Demonstrate relevant working experience of at least three years on methodological issues related to project-based mechanisms;
- Demonstrate technical/scientific expertise, inter alia through peer-reviewed publications, in at least one of the following areas:
(a) Baseline and monitoring methodologies in activity areas related to at least one of the three small-scale criteria defined in paragraph 28 of decision 1/CMP.2;
(b) Implementation of small-scale project activities in activity areas related to at least one of the three small-scale criteria defined in paragraph 28 of decision 1/CMP.2, including development of project design documents, validation, monitoring, verification and certification;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is desirable;
- Have excellent drafting skills, strong operational and analytical skills, and ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have an advanced university degree in economics, energy, environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, or any related disciplines.
- Guidelines and modalities of work including, inter alia, conditions for membership, conflict of interest restrictions and compensation are described in the Terms of Reference of the support structure of the CDM Executive Board (ToR);
- SSC WG members will be paid daily fees for participation in and work related to the meeting, as well as travel and daily subsistence allowance in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
- Meetings may be undertaken as in-person meetings in Bonn, Germany, or as electronic meetings.
1. Read and agree to the ToR;
2. Apply by logging in* to submit a P11 form and complete a questionnaire here.
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW CLOSED
To apply you will need to be registered on the UNFCCC website. If you are already registered please enter your login details. To register please go to 'Join' located on the top-right of this page. If you do not remember your log-in information, please use the login/password recovery page.
According to Decision 3/CMP.1 the CDM Executive Board may establish committees, panels or working groups to assist it in the performance of its functions. The CDM Executive Board shall draw on the expertise necessary to perform its functions, including from the UNFCCC roster of experts. In this context, it shall take fully into account the consideration of regional balance.