Call for inputs on significant deficiencies (23 July 2012 to 10 August 2012, 24:00 GMT)
The CDM Executive Board, at its sixty-eighth meeting, agreed to launch a call for inputs for establishing a reserve/pool structure to complement the draft procedure for addressing significant deficiencies in past validation, verification and certification reports (draft Procedure) and, in particular, to request input on:
1. The purpose of such a reserve/pool:
- a. Is it a form of mutual insurance for Designated Operational Entities?
- b. Is it an "environmental integrity fund" compensating for excess issuance outside of the draft Procedure?
- c. Is there another associated rationale?
2. How the reserve/pool could be created;
3. Who should manage the reserve/pool;
4. How moral hazard in the use of the reserve/pool could be avoided.
The call was open from 23 July to 10 August 2012 (24:00 GMT).
|02 August 2012 at 10:50 GMT+2||DIA - Werner Betzenbichler (n/a)|
|09 August 2012 at 15:19 GMT+2||International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) (n/a)|
|09 August 2012 at 23:37 GMT+2||The World Bank (n/a)|
|10 August 2012 at 11:47 GMT+2||Rachel Child (n/a)|