CDM African Radio Contest 2012
|Following the success of last year’s inaugural contest, the UNFCCC secretariat wishes to announce the launch of CDM African Radio Contest 2012.
Under the theme "Changing Lives", the contest aims to spread the word about the benefits of the CDM in Africa and especially in under-represented regions of the continent.
Broadcasters and freelancers from Africa are invited to grab their microphone and recording device and create a compelling radio story that answers the following question:
"How can my community/city/country benefit from the CDM?"|
Selected winners will be invited to visit CDM project sites in Africa where they will have an opportunity to learn more about the CDM and produce new radio stories and documentaries.
Radio stories will be judged on originality, technical excellence, clarity of message, thoroughness of investigation, level of professionalism and presentation skills. The "Wow Factor" is also very important, so we’ll be looking for radio stories able to generate and hold interest.
The stories can fall into two categories:
(1) Those that relate to a specific, "registered" CDM project (see information below on how to locate registered projects); and
(2) Those that do not relate to a specific registered project, but which explore the potential benefits of CDM for a community/city/country (see information below on how to locate the offices of CDM designated national authorities).
The deadline to submit your stories is 20 August 2012. For more details on the contest, please read the Terms and Conditions
Related CDM Audio Files
- Potential for CDM projects in Africa
- How can Africa benefit from the CDM?
- What can be done to increase CDM projects in Africa?
- Africa is changing